Depression in Children
Children have a harder time being able to verbalize what is going on for them or to understand their feelings.
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Changes in sleeping habits.
- Defiant behavior
- Low energy
- Outbursts – physical or vocal
Signs and symptoms in teens may include:
- Difficulty in concentrating or focusing on school tasks.
- Withdrawing from friends and social activities
- Feeling more agitated – irritable
- Having feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or guilt
- loss of interest in things that use to bring them pleasure.
- increase in conflict with family and friends.
- having thoughts of hopelessness and suicide