Children of a divorced family
Most children will get through the difficulty of divorce and moving back and forth between homes, but other will struggle through this process of change in their lives.
Signs a child may be struggling.
- Fear one parent will stop loving them.
- Feel the divorce is their fault.
- Behavior issues – acting out at home or school.
- Some regression in developmental successes
- Increase in sibling and peer conflicts.
- Change in personality (was a happy kiddo and now worries all the time)
- School performance my decline
- Isolation from family and peers